- This event has passed.
PNC Tour de Lou
April 16 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
PNC Tour de Lou
Location: Waterfront Park (Start and Finish: 301 East Witherspoon St. & Corner of Floyd Street)
The Kentucky Derby Festival is once again partnering with the Louisville Bicycle Club to produce the PNC Tour de Lou on Saturday, April 16, 2022.
Registration – 7:45 am
Participants will have the opportunity to bike in-person and socially-distanced, as well as the option to participate virtually. As always, the Festival’s annual bike event is for riders of all levels of experience, with separate distances and ride options:
- 62.1 Mile Metric Century / Advanced Ride (Open course)
- 35 Mile Experienced Ride / Intermediate Ride (Open course)
- 20 Mile Ride / New to cycling (Open course)
- Family Ride 1-3 mile options / Children and Families (for ages 4-12 years old)
- Virtual Ride 20, 35, and Metric Century Options (Find more info here!)
While the 2022 In-Person rides will look a little different, the ride will still tour all areas of the city, from Downtown to the South End and Highlands. To register click [here].
Here’s what you can expect this year…
- As in all Festival events, health & safety is our top priority, and we’ll continue to provide a secure biking experience.
- NEW RE-ROUTE THROUGH CHURCHILL DOWNS:
- Look for new highlights, like riding through Churchill Downs for 20 Mile, 35 Mile, and Metric Century routes.
- Specific Course & route details to come in 2022.
- INTRODUCING THE NEW FAMILY RIDE!
- This looped course at Waterfront Park will feature various distance options (1-3 miles) to be marked along the secured course.
- Participants ages 4-12 years old, and their families are encouraged to come out to ride.
- This course will include additional volunteer & safety support, as well as traditional support from Louisville Bike Club Ride Captains.
- Snacks and water will be provided along with some fun surprises and entertainment along the route.
- METRIC CENTURY ROUTE TOURS TWO STATES:
- The new course route will take Metric Century riders not only through Louisville’s parks and neighborhoods, and Churchill Downs, but also across the Big Four Bridge and into scenic Indiana.
- Specific Course & route details to come in 2022!